Field Trip to the Lagoon

On Wednesday, April 20th 2016, my class took a interesting field trip to the San Elijo lagoon. When we were to get there half of the class would go east and the other half would go west. When we first got there I was surprised to spot a very white great egret gliding in the distance. When we were walking, I noticed some small flowers that looked leaves. They were a mix of yellow and green. But the ones that haven’t bloomed yet still looked like normal flowers. There was also a spot with dry mud that was all cracky. I thought it was kind of like a beautiful nature art piece. When we were walking I saw something implausible. A bee hive was in a cliff. There was like a hole in the cliff. But I couldn’t see inside where they store the honey from the path. That was pretty interesting to me. I liked a butterfly that was white but at the ends of its wings had black and orange dots. When I looked in the brackish water I couldn’t see anything. Brackish water is a mix of fresh water from the river, and salty water from the ocean. Some people did see some fish jump out of the water, though. It was cool to see crabs in the mud. They were called fiddler crabs. Also it was interesting to see a lizard do push ups. I wonder why?

On our field trip we took field notes. Field notes are like little notes so you can remember what you saw. There’s a picture of my field notes below. The field trip was really fun. I got to see a lot of interesting things on the lagoon field trip.
Maybe you can go to the the lagoon or somewhere where there’s nature and see the great things that nature does.

20160503-112734.jpg

20160503-112752.jpg